As I said yesterday, I was tagged by Lee and Paperback Writer for the “Meme of Eight”. Here are the rules:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their 8 things and post these rules.
3. At the end choose 8 people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.
That out of the way, here are eight random facts about myself. I hope you enjoy.
1. The first car I ever owned was a 1973 Volkswagen Beetle. The Beetle was roughly twenty years old when I bought it and cost me around $2000. I loved that car. It was an “automatic” which was rare for Beetles, but you still had to shift. The clutch was built into the gearshift. It also had a foot shaped gas pedal, absolutely no heater (a nice feature for the cold, hour-and-a-half drive home from college), and seats you couldn’t adjust. I just sold my Beetle this past year and it was one of the hardest decisions I have made, even though it had been 3 or 4 years since it was street safe.
2. My new favorite snack is Goldfish Pretzels. Have any of you seen these things? They’re goldfish crackers, except they’re pretzels! Just think of the salty greatness of pretzels combined with the adorably edible shape of goldfish. They’re glorious! Yes, I’m a nerd.
3. I held the record for the flexed arm hang in my high school for many years. Basically, you do an overhand chin-up and hold the position for as long as you can. For whatever reason (maybe because I was really skinny, but strong for my size) I was really good at this, and was able to hang there for 2 minutes and 10 seconds. Not something to put on the resume, but still pretty cool. Years later, I heard my record was broken by a kid who cheated (someone held him up). This still bugs me to this day.
4. I played soccer for roughly twenty years of my life, starting when I was five years old. I no longer play, but I still have days I wish I could. Gets in your blood, I guess.
5. I still remember the code for Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out that takes you directly to the fight with Mike Tyson. The code is 007 373 5963 for those of you who are interested. I also still remember the code for the game Contra. Ask me what I wore yesterday, though, and I doubt I could remember.
6. I’m starting to hate movie sequels. We have Spiderman 3, Shrek 3, a new Diehard movie, a proposed Austin Powers sequel, and another Pirates of the Carribean. Whatever happened to original ideas?
7. That goes doubly for live-action versions of cartoons. Did we really need to see what Fred Flintstone would look like in the flesh? Was it really a good idea for a live-action Scooby-Doo? How about Cat in the Hat, The Grinch, or The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle? The new Transformers movie looks interesting, but I’m not holding my breath.
8. I’m normally not a big fan of Memes, but I like the people who tagged me so I figured I’d do this one. Plus, it was fun. By the way, how do you pronounce meme? In my head I pronounce it “maim”, though I think it’s supposed to be “me-me”.
Anyhow, I tag whoever would like to do this.