I spent a few hours last night using a gift card to download some songs to my iPod. Looking back at what I now have on my iPod, I see some songs I’m a little embarrassed to admit, but also some songs that rock. I thought what I have there might make an interesting blog post, as almost everyone has an opinion about music. Therefore, even if I’ve forgotten again how to pronounce Meme, I thought I would create one so I could read what all of you are listening to. One more caveat: I actually tend to like Punk and Alternative music more than what I have listed here, but those are all on CD and I haven’t had time to rip them.
Here are the rules:
- List five songs on your iPod you are proud of and five that you are not so proud of. Explanations are welcome, as are links to the songs or YouTube videos
- Tag somebody if you want
- Post a comment here with a link to your site so we can all read about/laugh at your song choices
- Dire Straits – Sultans of Swing. Check out the guitar at the 4:34 mark of the video:
- Dave Matthews Band – Crash Into Me. Every time I hear this song I’m back in college, sipping a beer in a particular bar on a Thursday evening.
- Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody. You simple can’t beat Freddy Mercury’s voice or Brian May’s guitar. Just ain’t happening. I have many other Queen songs, but this is the only one I don’t have on CD.
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – I Won’t Back Down. I think it’s the line “You can stand me up at the gates of hell, but I won’t back down” that does it for me. Very motivational.
- Jim Gaffigan – Beyond the Pale (the complete album). This one is a comedy album by an insanely funny comedian named Jim Gaffigan. Chances are you have seen him on T.V. somewhere. Very funny stuff.
Not so Proud
- 3 Bon Jovi songs! Livin’ On a Prayer, You Give Love a Bad Name, and Wanted Dead or Alive. I know 80’s is cool now and therefore so is Bon Jovi, I think my early 90’s version of myself would kick my butt for this one
- Banarama – Cruel Summer. Hey, don’t laugh. This was in Karate Kid.
- Notorious B.I.G. – Mo Money, Mo Problems. I guess this isn’t one to really be embarrassed about, but I’m not a big Hip Hop fan, so this one is unusual for me. I downloaded it because it reminds me of college and my college friends.
- Scorpions – Wind of Change. I think it’s the whistling at the beginning that draws me in. I’m so lame.
- Mr. Big – To Be with You. Ugh. Shut up!