SzélsőFa asked me a bunch of questions, so she gets the entirety of Part 3 (thanks SzélsőFa) :
1. why ’struggling’
This made sense at first, because I was struggling to write anything. I have gotten over this to a point, though I still struggle to finish projects. I think I’ll be struggling at least until I finish writing a novel, at which point I’ll be struggling to sell the novel!
2. why writer at all, that is, are you a writer as a profession or is it a hobby or an objective, an in between?
Why write? I tackle this a little bit in my About section. I write because I love reading and would love to be able to create worlds and make people’s day a little bit better with my writing. I would say my writing is a hobby, which makes it my only hobby that costs no money.
3. re: Nsync: Do you really listen to THAAAAT? or was it just a joke? 🙂
Yeah, that was just a joke. 🙂 I really don’t listen to that type of music. I’m more of a classic rock/rock/alternative music person.
4. which genre you prefer to read and which to write in? are they the same or not?
My preferred genre switches I guess. Right now I’m on a Fantasy kick, which follows a Sci-Fi kick I was on. I prefer fiction that takes me to another place, rather than fiction about every day life. If the book makes me laugh, that is even better.
5. is there a second/third/and so on language you master to the point that you read literature in it?
Like most Americans, I’m only fluent in one language. I have studied Spanish a little in High School and College and can understand some of it written. I’m lost listening to someone speak Spanish though.
I do know several computer languages, though. Does that count? 🙂
6. which European author(s) have your read? (I suppose that would be a long list, but name those you liked. And those you did NOT. WHY?
Well, I enjoy reading Terry Pratchett, as well as George Orwell (loved and was disturbed by 1984) and Jules Verne. I’m sure there are others. I don’t always notice where a writer is from, so I’m sure I’m missing some.
7. have you read anything (poetry/drama/novel/etc) by a Hungarian writer? How did you like it?
As far as I know I haven’t read anything by a Hungarian writer. Suggest something and I’ll check it out. I’m always excited to find new fiction sources.
8. fav. poets?
I can’t really say I have a favorite poet because I don’t read too much poetry. I guess I have read and liked Robert Frost. I’m also a fan of Edgar Allen Poe and his poetry.
9. do you write poetry as well?
I don’t write poetry at the moment, although who knows what the future brings.
10. what do you think about shorts (like a 250 word limit piece) are they easier or harder to write, than a loooong one?
I find shorts easier to write than say a novel, because I’m not a very wordy writer. I think I’m pretty good with coming up with short little stories and I need to grow into longer works.
11. am I asking too much?
12. what do you do when you are intellectually tired?
Probably surf around on the Internet or read a comic book.
13. do you care about gmo food?
I had to look this up, so I guess the initial answer would be no. That said, the whole concept is kinda creepy. I guess I would be more likely to be ok with genetically modified plants such as corn, rather than genetically modified animals such as cows or pigs.
Well, that’s all for our little Question/Answer experiment. I hope you had as much fun reading as I did writing. You definitely know a little more about me. If you have any other questions for me, feel free to ask.