I got to get right back into the swing of things today, the day after driving 400 miles in the rain. Today was the first day of my Java class and also Monday. Not a good combination. The class was good, though, and I made sure I was mucho caffeinated.
Now for a vacation wrap-up.
- Most of the time in the car. The five month old just doesn’t like to ride in the car. He’d much rather roll around or do “tummy time” than be cooped up, staring at the seat of the car. He had several episodes of intense crying, usually on parts of road with no exit in sight, while we were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.
- Having a “America’s Funniest Home Videos” moment, getting clocked you know where, just like the Dad in all those videos. I was on video too. Maybe I can make $50,000 out of it.
- My daughter running around the dance floor at the wedding, ala flash dance. That girl has so much dance in her, I’m really not sure sometimes if we’re related. I wish I had her carefree attitude.
- Also on the dance floor, my wife and I reached to hold our daughter’s hands to dance. She grabbed my hand, and then my wife’s hand, and then joined them together so we could dance. It was funny and touching.
- Seeing the Beluga Whales at the Mystic Aquarium. Such beautiful creatures.
- Daughter and I feeding the birds at the aquarium with a little stick and bird seed. I thought it would be a little freaky having them fly all around us, but it was cool.