Just thought I’d detail my day so far, mostly as an excuse for why I’m gonna hold off on the time travel post until Monday (the article is here Diane: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/2009/05/14/rules-for-time-travelers/). Also, thanks for everybody who has been leaving comments here. I read them all. I need to get better at responding.
- 3:00 AM – Daughter walks to our room with a fever. I give her tylenol and she spends the rest of the night with us.
- 5:00 AM – Wake to T-Mike crying. Change diaper and hand off to Mommy for a feeding. Hope he falls back to sleep.
- 5:30 AM – He does not go back to sleep. Mommy hands him back to me to rock him.
- 6:10 AM – Finally get him back in his bed without him waking. Lay back down myself to get 20 extra minutes of sleep. Daughter is taking up my side of the bed, of course, so I lay on the floor.
- 6:30 AM – Shower and all that stuff.
- 8:00-ish AM – Arrive at work.
- 9:40 AM – Leave work and walk to my wife’s dentist to watch the kids while she sees the dentist.
- 11:00 AM – Walk back to work
- 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM – Doctor’s appointment for me and then watch the baby while my wife has her appointment.
- 3:00 PM – Back to work.
Obviously this is not a typical day. Still, you can see why I feel a bit stretched today. At least tomorrow starts the weekend (with a hockey game in the AM of course).